Posts Tagged ‘UK Government’
This report looks at the state of OSS in local government.
Some headlines from the survey:
- 64% believe their council needs to increase its use of open source software (27% agreeing strongly)
- Around half say their council will increase its open source use by 2011
- 370 local government open source deployments identified
- Software licensing costs represent 30-40% of some councils IT budgets
- Why do councils go open source? 75% put lower cost as #1 factor
- Office software is where open source will impact most in local government over the next three years
- 65% believe perceptions of open source being ‘too risky’ stops councils from using open source more widely.